This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to support the management of distributor relationships at a rapidly growing and dynamic company. Committed to the highest levels of quality and service, recent investment means that they are at the cutting edge in their market and growing rapidly internationally and trading successfully in over seventy countries worldwide.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is a new role and is primarily responsible for supporting the Head of International New Business Development. The role will involve the support of field sales and account management of distributors in targeted countries and development of opportunities in new markets. Candidates will be responsible for supporting the Head of International NBD in the direct management of their own territory and the associated accounts as well as winning new business.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Regular travel in the region (10-25%)
- Supporting distributors, and agents, including arranging staff training and field sales visits.
- Assisting the Head of International NBD in developing new business and all other core activities, including administration.
- Attending relevant trade shows.
- Providing feedback reports on competitor activity, new product requirements, application opportunities and pricing.
- Ability to contribute to development and execution of sales plan, including forecasts and budgeting revenues for the region.
- Building and supporting relationships at the middle management and key decision maker levels for large and medium customers.
- Contributes to the administration of sales transaction pipelines and forecasting.
- Stays up to date with and understands latest market developments and trends.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Significant business travel and work outside of the office is required.
- You will be a competent, proactive and self-motivated person who engages well within a team and is driven to constantly improve within your role.
Qualifications and Skills
- Professional, ambitious and demonstrate an entrepreneurial commercial acumen and long term aim to grow their career.
- Previous experience of international B2B sales and account management is preferred as is a second language.
- Requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules to senior level management and customers. Expert on sales strategies and tactics.
- Researching new opportunities to assist in opening up new markets is an integral part of the job.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written); organisation, and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain organisation of business contacts to include companies, contact names, email address, and phone numbers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Track record of business development, commercial acumen, ownership and accountability with excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the financial workings of account management
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven relationship building experience
- Skilled negotiator / influencer
- Commercial strategic thinker
- Resourceful, resilient and responsive to change
- Flexibility to travel
You should be able to work independently, travel regularly with little supervision, and while previous experience of orthopaedics is desirable, candidates with a background in the International medical device industry, or with prior distributor selection and management experience from other industries will be considered. For the right person, there is a genuine opportunity to grow an excellent long-term career.
Export Sales: 2 years
Newbury, with International Travel
Required licenses or certifications:
Verified OUS Distributors
Active in 72 Countries
Industry Email Subscribers